Did you know that YouTube holds the second position in being the world’s largest search engine? With over 2 billion users and 300 hours of video uploaded every minute, YouTube is the first-ever service that made putting videos online possible in 2005. Who would’ve thought that YouTube would be this huge one day?
Now we have a decreasing attention span, and we enjoy watching videos more than ever. If you own a business and your business marketing strategy does not have video components included, there’s a high possibility for your business’s growth to suffer. Videos are now extremely crucial for marketing because people watch more than 5 billion videos on YouTube every day.
Now, almost all companies know this and are working towards better content production every day to reach greater success. The competition is increasing every day, and it’s getting harder to stand out from the crowd. The arena of YouTube advertising might seem a little overwhelming at first.
But with the right strategies, you’ll be able to ace it in no time. In this article, you will get to know everything you must know about YouTube advertising for guaranteed success.
- 1 Types of Ad Formats for YouTube
- 2 5 Tips for More Profitable YouTube Advertising
- 3 Choose Your YouTube Ad Format Wisely
- 4 Create Compelling, Human Content That Feels Native
- 5 Take Advantage of YouTube Targeting Options
- 6 Grab Your Audience’s Attention Immediately
- 7 Use CTA to Get People to Click
- 8 Conclusion
Types of Ad Formats for YouTube
The first thing to watch out for before diving into the field of YouTube advertising is the different types of ad formats. There are six types of ad formats you’ll find on YouTube. Here are the four types that are the most effective when it comes to making an impact on the audience.
- Skippable In-Stream Ads: These types of YouTube ads play before or during the video. If you run this type of ad, the users can choose to skip the ad after the first 5 seconds by clicking on the “skip this ad” button that appears at the bottom right corner of the screen. If a user chooses to skip the ad after 5 seconds, you won’t have to pay for the ad. But, if a user watches the first 30 seconds or the whole ad and clicks on the ad at any point, you will have to pay.
- Non-Skippable In-Stream Ads: These types of short, unskippable, 15-second ads appear at any time during the video. If you use this ad, you will have to pay as per the impression for every 1000 views.
- Bumper Ads: This is a type of non-skippable ad that appears before a video starts and lasts for six seconds. When you use these ads, you pay for the impressions. You’ll have to pay for every 1000 views on your ad, just like non-skippable in-stream ads.
- Video Discovery Ads: This type of ad video is seen in places where the users search for content to watch, such as, YouTube home page, on the top or sidebar of search results, or on the sidebar that recommends other videos to watch when a video is playing. This type of ad includes thumbnail images, along with headline texts (25 characters max) and descriptions (35 characters max). If you use this type of ad, you will have to pay only if a user clicks on your ad.
5 Tips for More Profitable YouTube Advertising
Now that you know the ABC-s of YouTube advertising, let’s know more about how to use them wisely to reach the right audience and maximize your brand visibility and profit.
Choose Your YouTube Ad Format Wisely
The various types of YouTube ad formats have been previously discussed in this article. Before you make videos to market your brand, take time to understand which types of ads will work the best to maximize reach. You may not have a successful YouTube ad campaign if you’re unsure about what you want to achieve.
Planning your goals beforehand will make the process smoother. Also, it’s important to keep in mind that what works for other brands may not work for you. And, what’s working for your brand right now may not work in the future. So, don’t just stick to one type, keep trying out more types of ads to ensure the best results.
Create Compelling, Human Content That Feels Native
Thousands of ad videos are being made and posted every day on YouTube. So, to stand out from the crowd, your content should have the X-factor. Your focus should always be on producing high-quality content. The audience’s taste has changed with time. Most of them are no longer into the types of advertisements you see on television.
Thus, you have to produce something that does not feel like a typical advertisement, which people would love to watch until the end. Use your brand to tell a story everyone would want to listen to. Create something relatable to your audience because that’s something that will elicit their emotions and make them stay.
Take Advantage of YouTube Targeting Options
To succeed in YouTube marketing strategy, you’ll have to figure out what type of audience you are targeting. Establishing your target audience will help your ads reach the eyes of the audience that actually want to know more about your brand.
Luckily, YouTube allows amazing flexibility to take control over who sees your ads. To determine your target audience, you will have to consider characteristics such as age, gender, occupation, hobbies, interests, buying habits, and more.
Once you have sorted everything out, you can create ads that are much more appealing and relatable to your audience. Using Youtube’s ad target options, you can reach more interested users to improve engagement and earn more leads for your business.
Grab Your Audience’s Attention Immediately
As you know, ads are way different from movies. Here, the audience won’t watch the entire video if they don’t feel the spark first. And since most videos are skippable after the first few seconds, you have really less time to talk about your brand.
Even if you are using unskippable ads, chances are, most people won’t pay attention to the entire video. So, make sure that you include as much as possible within the first 5-10 seconds to make the users want to find out more.
To create engaging YouTube ads, you can start the video by using an exciting hook or by asking a question. Another great way to get users to stay is leveraging nostalgia. You can infuse ‘blasts from the past’ in your ads to make people feel more invested in your brand.
Use CTA to Get People to Click
Regardless of the types of ads you choose to make and run, you must put some thought into CTA (Call To Action). Doing this small step will compel the users to engage with your ad and make them take the next step.
You have to ensure that your CTA is relevant to the ad content you have shared because if the CTA isn’t clear, the users won’t click.
For instance, if you are running a campaign where the goal is to make users sign-up to a website, using a CTA like “Sign Up” will make more users click than “Click Here” or “Learn More.”
The first step to creating compelling YouTube ads is building a YouTube ad strategy. Proper planning and execution will help you develop a YouTube ad strategy that is highly effective and will earn more leads, revenue, and conversions for your business.
Some companies have spent a decent amount in making ads to grow their reach. If you look closely, it’s not the first-class videography or celebrity endorsements, it’s the stories they tell through their ads.
Whatever your budget is, keep your focus on advertising your brand as well as creating a narrative to truly connect with your audience.